What is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)?
A Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
is a healthcare professional who has additional expertise
in all aspects of diabetes care. You may find CDEs in many Shoppers Drug Mart stores across the country.
What can a CDE do for you?
A Certified Diabetes Educator can help you manage your diabetes by reviewing the following with you:
- General diabetes information
- Diabetes medication information
- Blood glucose testing — selection of appropriate blood glucose meter, importance of checking blood glucose, how often and when to check your blood glucose, interpreting your results
- Treatment of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Recommendations for healthy eating
- Recommendations for physical activity
- Foot care recommendations
- Other resources for diabetes support
How can I find a CDE?
Visit the Store Locator
to find a CDE near you.