Shoppers Optimum Program® Terms and Conditions
1. The Shoppers Optimum Program® (the “Program”) is available through participating Shoppers Drug Mart®, Pharmaprix®, Shoppers on Campus®, MuraleTM, Shoppers Simply PharmacyTM, Pharmaprix Simply PharmacyTM and Shoppers Home Health Care® store locations and any other designated locations as may be determined by Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. in its sole discretion from time to time. Usage of a Shoppers Optimum Card at Pharmaprix and Pharmaprix Simply Pharmacy stores is governed by the rules and regulations of the Pharmaprix Optimum Program®.
2. To participate in the Shoppers Optimum Program, a customer must become a Member of the Program. Membership is absolutely free and no initial purchase is required. Simply fill out a Shoppers Optimum Program Enrollment Form accurately, completely and legibly at any participating Shoppers Drug Mart store or visit www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/optimum and complete the on-line form, accept the terms and conditions on-line, print it off and bring it into any Shoppers Drug Mart. Upon completion, the Member will receive his/her own Shoppers Optimum Card.
3. Only one Shoppers Optimum Card is available per customer.
4. The Shoppers Optimum Card is not a credit card. The Shoppers Optimum Card is the property
of Shoppers Drug Mart and it may be revoked at any time by Shoppers Drug Mart in its sole discretion.
5. Each Shoppers Optimum Member® (sometimes referred to as a “Member”) will be issued a
Shoppers Optimum Card that has a unique number ascribed to it and is registered in the Member’s name. Shoppers Optimum Members cannot share their account number and account information with anyone else. Account information, including, but not limited to, the Shoppers Optimum account password and security questions should be protected and kept secure.
6. Shoppers Optimum Members must advise Shoppers Drug Mart immediately of any changes of Personal Information (as hereinafter defined) including name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail address either by completing a new Shoppers Optimum® Enrollment Form, visiting www.shoppersdrugmart.ca or by contacting the Customer Service Centre. If Shoppers Drug Mart believes that some of its records are inaccurate, it may contact the Shoppers Optimum Member to verify its records. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to cancel any Shoppers Optimum Card for which it has incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information and all Shoppers Optimum Points redemptions on that account may be blocked. The submission of false or fictitious Personal Information will result in all the Shoppers Optimum Points accumulated on an account being forfeited.
7. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to refuse issuance of a Shoppers Optimum Card to any customer who does not follow the prescribed enrollment procedures.
8. Customers participating in the Program must present their personal valid Shoppers Optimum Card to collect points and earn rewards. Any unauthorized reproduction of the Shoppers Optimum Card may lead to legal prosecution and forfeiture of all Shoppers Optimum Points and membership in the Program.
9. Shoppers Optimum Membership is only available to individuals. Except for organizations
participating in the “Donate your Points” program and represented by a trustee, Shoppers Optimum membership will not be available to corporations, businesses, charities, partnerships, enterprises or anyone other than an individual, unless written approval is received in advance from Shoppers Drug Mart, in its sole discretion. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be awarded if in Shoppers Drug Mart’s reasonable opinion the merchandise purchased will be used for resale or commercial use and any Shoppers Optimum Points awarded on such purchases will be forfeited. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to limit Shoppers Optimum Points awarded with respect to any offer or promotion to reasonable household quantities. If a Shoppers Optimum Member was awarded points for an offer or promotion in which a Member purchased product in excess of reasonable household quantities, the Shoppers Optimum Points awarded as a result of that offer or promotion may be forfeited without prior notice.
COLLECTION OF SHOPPERS OPTIMUM POINTS
10. To collect Shoppers Optimum Points following enrollment, a Shoppers Optimum Member must make eligible purchases at participating stores using their personal valid Shoppers Optimum Card. The Member’s personal Shoppers Optimum Card must be presented to the cashier at a participating store before the purchase transaction is completed. The original Shoppers Optimum Card must be presented at the time of purchase, no facsimile or just the account number will be accepted. In addition, no Shoppers Optimum Points will be awarded once the transaction is completed.
11. Shoppers Optimum Points will be awarded at the rate of 10 Shoppers Optimum Points for each dollar spent on each separate purchase at participating stores. Shoppers Optimum Points will be calculated by reference to the net (purchase price less discounts) pre-tax total of each cash register receipt. The total Shoppers Optimum Points awarded and reflected on the cash register receipt will be rounded down by the next portion of a dollar spent. Shoppers Drug Mart may offer special promotions from time to time offering additional Shoppers Optimum Points on certain products (“Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points”). Such Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points, once awarded, shall form part of the Member’s Shoppers Optimum Card Points balance (the Shoppers Optimum Points and Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points collectively hereinafter referred to as “Shoppers Optimum Points”).
12. Where applicable, Shoppers Optimum Points will be issued for purchases made through delivery service by participating stores, provided that the Shoppers Optimum Member provides the store with his/her personal Shoppers Optimum Card number when the delivery order is placed. The Shoppers Optimum Card must be presented to the driver for verification at the time of delivery.
13. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be issued respecting the purchase of the following items/services: gift cards and prepaid card products (except Shoppers Drug Mart- branded gift cards), wireless phone cards, stamps, Post Office, passport photos, tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider, bus tickets and passes, products with codeine, cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), lottery tickets, delivery charges (where applicable), bill payments (where accepted), bottle deposits/returns (where accepted), gift with purchases, charitable donations, the Shoppers Optimum Points redemption portion of a transaction, and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time or where prohibited by law. Due to each province’s regulations and the regulations of each provincial Pharmacy Regulatory Authority, the issuance of Shoppers Optimum Points for prescription drug purchases and select products purchased through the dispensary varies by province. In addition, there may be restrictions on the issuance of Shoppers Optimum Points on prescription drug purchases in accordance with the provisions of the Shoppers Optimum Members’ third party drug plans. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be awarded to any third party drug plans on prescription drug purchases made by their clients. See store for details or contact the Customer Service Centre. In provinces where prescription drug purchases qualify for points, the individual Shoppers Optimum Member may only accumulate points for prescription drug purchases filled in his or her own name, with the exception of any of the Member’s children under the age of 16. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Shoppers Optimum Points will be awarded when a Shoppers Optimum Member pays for a purchase with a gift card. However, the Member will not be awarded Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points if he or she uses a gift card to purchase another gift card or gift cards and, in the event that Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points are inadvertently awarded, Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right at any time to revoke these points without notice. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to add or delete items eligible
for Shoppers Optimum Points’ issuance at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.
14. All Shoppers Optimum Points are shown on the cash register receipt for each purchase when a Shoppers Optimum Card is presented before the completion of the purchase transaction. In the event that Shoppers Optimum Points do not appear on a receipt due to a technical failure, they will be updated on the cash register receipt at a later purchase transaction date. Where Shoppers Optimum Points are issued on prescription drugs, these points will appear up to 48 hours after the prescription is filled, on the Member’s cash register receipt when a non-prescription purchase is made. Shoppers Optimum Members may also inquire about their Shoppers Optimum Points balance through the Customer Service Centre or online.
15. Occasionally, through specified promotions by participating stores and/or program partners or in accordance with the terms of usage of the Shoppers Optimum® BofA® MasterCard® credit card, additional Shoppers Optimum Points (and/or other rewards, prizes or benefits) may be awarded for using the Shoppers Optimum Card, the Shoppers Optimum® BofA® MasterCard® credit card, or for being a Shoppers Optimum Member. These Shoppers Optimum Points may not always be recorded on the cash register receipt at the time of the transaction, in which event they will be recorded on a cash register receipt at a later purchase transaction date.
16. Returns and/or exchanges will be honoured only if the original cash register receipt is presented at the time of the return and/or exchange. On a return and/or exchange the Shoppers Optimum Points will be deducted automatically from the Shoppers Optimum Member’s card number that was used for the original purchase (whether or not the Shoppers Optimum Card is presented at the time of return and/or exchange). The Shoppers Optimum Member will be reimbursed for the purchase price shown on the receipt of the item(s) returned. Upon the return and/or exchange of purchases earned through the redemption of Shoppers Optimum Points, all redeemed Shoppers Optimum Points will be forfeited and the Member will receive the full value of the returned product in the form of a Shoppers Drug Mart-branded gift card. Where a return and/or refund transaction is conducted through a program partner, the Shoppers Optimum Member’s points balance will be reduced by the equivalent amount of points issued on the original transaction.
17. All Shoppers Optimum Points totals, as shown on the cash register receipts, will be deemed correct unless otherwise substantiated by the Member by bringing forward evidence satisfactory to Shoppers Drug Mart in its sole discretion. Discrepancies must be addressed with the Customer Service Centre within 3 months of the date on which the discrepancy occurred. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to restrict redemption or put a “hold” on Shoppers Optimum Points for up to 45 days from the date the points are posted to an account.
18. Subject to Section 20 herein, Shoppers Optimum Points are transferable from one Shoppers Optimum Member to another, in conjunction with the “Transfer your Points” program, the “Donate your Points” program, or other special points transfer promotions offered by Shoppers Drug Mart from time to time. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to limit the transfers from a Shoppers Optimum account.
19. Shoppers Optimum Points are reduced to zero upon closure of a Shoppers Optimum membership.
20. Upon the death of a Shoppers Optimum Member, the Member’s account will be closed and any Shoppers Optimum Points in the account will be forfeited. Shoppers Optimum Points are not divisible in the case of divorce.
21. Should any Shoppers Optimum Member not acquire Shoppers Optimum Points for 12 consecutive calendar months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated Shoppers Optimum Points will be forfeited. At that time the Shoppers Optimum Card Points balance may be reduced to zero at Shoppers Drug Mart’s sole discretion.
Redemption of Points
22. (a) Shoppers Optimum Points may be redeemed for savings rewards off a purchase at participating stores in accordance with the following Shoppers Optimum Points redemption schedule:
Points Required for Savings Reward Value
LAST UPDATED: June 1, 2010, with an effective date of July 1, 2010
100% Reward Value
From time to time, special promotions may be run during which one or more redemption level(s) may temporarily be altered and/or suspended, new redemption levels added or points may be redeemed directly towards the purchase of specific products or services. Promotions may vary from participating store to participating store and from format to format. (b) Shoppers Drug Mart may, from time to time, offer supplementary programs or promotions related to the Shoppers Optimum Program (“Related Programs”). Such Related Programs may be governed by additional or distinct terms and conditions applicable therein, such terms to be made available at: www.shoppersdrugmart.ca
23. In accordance with Federal and Provincial tax legislation, GST, PST, HST and any other applicable taxes are calculated and payable by the Shoppers Optimum Member on the full amount of the purchase price before any reduction for redeemed rewards.
24. A Member’s Shoppers Optimum Points balance will be reduced by the number of points required to obtain the desired point redemption level. Unredeemed Shoppers Optimum Points plus any Shoppers Optimum Points earned in the current transaction, will remain in the Member’s Shoppers Optimum Points account and can be applied to a subsequent transaction.
25. Shoppers Optimum Points can only be redeemed if the required point redemption level is acquired prior to the redemption transaction. An individual Shoppers Optimum Member may not make more than two redemptions, at any reward level, within one day. Only one redemption is available per transaction.
26. When redeeming Shoppers Optimum Points, Shoppers Drug Mart will automatically select the
maximum eligible Shoppers Optimum Points redemption level available. Alternatively, the Shoppers Optimum Member may select a different eligible redemption level by informing the cashier prior to redemption of Shoppers Optimum Points. In either case, the Shoppers Optimum Member’s account under his/her Shoppers Optimum Card number must have the appropriate number of Shoppers Optimum Points. For example, if the Member has accumulated 22,000 Shoppers Optimum Points, the maximum redemption level available is 22,000 Shoppers Optimum Points. However, the Member may elect to redeem only 8,000 Points on a $30.00 transaction; in this case the reduction off the purchase price will be $10.00.
27. When redeeming Shoppers Optimum Points, the Shoppers Optimum Member may maximize the dollar value of the reward discount. If the Shoppers Optimum Member does not wish to maximize the dollar value of the reward discount, the remaining dollar value associated with the reward discount will be forfeited. For example, if the Member has accumulated 22,000 Shoppers Optimum Points and wishes to redeem all these points on a transaction with a pre-tax purchase price of eligible products of $20.00, then the reduction off the purchase price will be $20.00 and the difference between the $30.00 maximum reward discount and the $20.00 discount (i.e. $10.00) will be forfeited.
28. Shoppers Optimum Points may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services: prescription drugs, products containing codeine, gift cards and prepaid card products, wireless phone cards, stamps, Post Office stamps and merchandise, passport photos, tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider, cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), lottery tickets, bus tickets and passes, delivery charges (where applicable), bill payments (where accepted), bottle deposits/returns, charitable donations, gift with purchases and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to add or delete products and services eligible for Shoppers Optimum Points redemption at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.
29. Shoppers Optimum Points may be redeemed for purchases made through delivery service by participating stores provided that the Shoppers Optimum Member informs the store at the time when the delivery order is placed that he/she wishes to redeem a specified number of Shoppers Optimum Points and he/she provides the store with his/her Shoppers Optimum Card number. The Shoppers Optimum Card must be presented to the driver for validation at the time of delivery.
30. Shoppers Optimum Points may not be collected or redeemed by any person other than the Shoppers Optimum Member. Shoppers Optimum Members may be required to provide proof of identity when redeeming Shoppers Optimum Points to protect the integrity of the Member’s Points balance. Each Shoppers Optimum Member is responsible to ensure that all Personal Information is correct and up-to-date and Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to block redemptions where the Shoppers Optimum Member information is inaccurate or incomplete.
31. In case of a lost Shoppers Optimum Card, upon presentation of proper identification, a new
Member’s number will be provided to the Member by the Customer Service Centre or at any participating Shoppers Drug Mart store. The accumulated unredeemed Shoppers Optimum Points balance shall remain intact. If a lost Shoppers Optimum Card is found and used by any other person, all Shoppers Optimum Points relating to purchases made by such other person will be credited to the Shoppers Optimum Member’s account. Shoppers Drug Mart assumes no liability or responsibility for Shoppers Optimum Points redeemed by any person(s) prior to the notification to the Customer Service Centre that the Shoppers Optimum Card is lost. Any Shoppers Optimum Points redeemed prior to notification shall be at the Member’s risk.
32. Shoppers Drug Mart will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may flow from any participation in the Shoppers Optimum Program by any non-Canadian resident, and where permitted by Shoppers Drug Mart, by any corporation, business, charity, partnership or enterprise.
33. From time to time, Shoppers Drug Mart may advertise or offer exclusive offers to select Shoppers Optimum Members with respect to which they may redeem Shoppers Optimum Points for items other than a discount reward, or receive other benefits or discounts.
34. Shoppers Optimum Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Except as permitted from time to time by Shoppers Drug Mart, Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be assigned, exchanged, purchased or given by gift. Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented or otherwise disposed of. Shoppers Optimum Points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.
PRIVACY OF INFORMATION
35. Shoppers Drug Mart shall maintain the privacy, security and integrity of all personal information collected from Shoppers Optimum Members, such as, but not restricted to: name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, account number and purchasing information (“Personal Information”). This information will be used to credit the correct membership number account, to communicate with the Shoppers Optimum Member, to better understand the Shoppers Optimum Member’s shopping and information needs and to offer the Shoppers Optimum Member relevant information, products, services and rewards to meet those needs. By providing the foregoing information to Shoppers Drug Mart, you consent to Shoppers Drug Mart using the information for the uses specified herein.
36. On occasion Shoppers Drug Mart may collect additional personal information from Shoppers Optimum Members on a voluntary basis through questionnaires or other methods. The Shoppers Optimum membership status of any Member who does not wish to participate will not be affected.
37. Shoppers Drug Mart will not give, rent or sell its Shoppers Optimum Member lists to any organization or individual. Shoppers Drug Mart will allow limited and secured access to customer information by authorized entities under its strict supervision and/or which are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information solely for the purposes of assisting Shoppers Drug Mart in processing customer information.
38. Shoppers Optimum Members have the right to know what information is held in their Shoppers Optimum Member file and the right to question and request correction of any erroneous information. There will be no charge for a Member to gain access to his/her file. To access a Member’s file, a written request should be sent to: Shoppers Optimum Program, 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8. All written requests will be responded to within a reasonable time frame. If for any reason access to an account is not granted, the Member will be provided with a written reason. Shoppers Drug Mart will make all necessary and reasonable corrections to its Shoppers Optimum Member files with all due diligence.
39. Shoppers Optimum Member information is stored in Shoppers Drug Mart’s confidential databases located in Toronto, Ontario. Access to this information will be restricted only to authorized personnel of Shoppers Drug Mart.
40. On occasion Shoppers Drug Mart may communicate special offers, information and services to Shoppers Optimum Members. Any Member who does not wish to receive these offers may indicate so on his/her enrollment form in the designated area. Alternatively, he/she may advise the Customer Service Centre.
41. Shoppers Drug Mart hereby agrees to respect and observe the provisions set forth in The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) and any other applicable federal or provincial legislation. To the extent there is additional protection afforded to the Shoppers Optimum Member pursuant to the Act or any other applicable legislation, and same is not set forth herein, Shoppers Drug Mart agrees to take such measures to give full effect to such additional protection. For more information on how Shoppers Drug Mart respects the privacy of your personal information, please see the Shoppers Drug Mart Privacy Code at www.shoppersdrugmart.ca.
42. The Shoppers Optimum Program will terminate at 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2016 (the “Termination Date”).
43. Shoppers Optimum Members will have until March 31, 2017 to redeem Shoppers Optimum Program rewards using Shoppers Optimum Points accumulated up to the Termination Date. Shoppers Optimum Points will expire at 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2017 and will not be honoured after such expiration date.
44. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to extend the Program beyond the Termination Date, or terminate the Program at any time prior to the Termination Date, by providing 30 days notice in Shoppers Drug Mart store flyers and notices posted in participating stores. If events beyond Shoppers Drug Mart’s control materially affect Shoppers Drug Mart’s ability to operate the Shoppers Optimum Program, the Program may be suspended or terminated without notice.
45. Shoppers Drug Mart may restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of the Shoppers Optimum Program, without notice. Any material changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted online and a copy of the Terms and Conditions will be made available at each participating store, upon request. The online version of the Terms and Conditions is the governing version. For the most current version of these Terms and Conditions please visit www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/optimum/legal.
46. The Shoppers Optimum Member’s signature on the Shoppers Optimum Customer Enrollment Form or the presentation of a completed printed version of an on-line enrollment form at a Shoppers Drug Mart store or the completion of the on-line form and the acceptance of the terms and conditions on-line and/or first time usage of a Shoppers Optimum Card constitutes agreement by the Shoppers Optimum Member to all the Terms and Conditions of the Shoppers Optimum Program.
47. Any abuse by a Member of the Shoppers Optimum Program’s privileges, any failure by a Member to follow the Program’s rules, regulations, Terms and Conditions, or any misrepresentation by a Member may, at Shoppers Drug Mart’s sole discretion, subject the Member to expulsion from the Program, including forfeiture of all accumulated Shoppers Optimum Points.
48. Upon suspension or termination of the Program for any reason whatsoever, Shoppers Drug
Mart will have no liability therefore to any Member and is automatically released from all claims by Shoppers Optimum Members in respect of such suspension, termination, forfeiture of Shoppers Optimum Points, redemption of Points or otherwise in respect of such suspension or termination.
49. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information herein is correct. Shoppers Drug Mart is not responsible for any errors or omissions.
50. Any waiver by Shoppers Drug Mart of the strict observance, performance or compliance by a Member with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall be effective only in the specific instance and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of Shoppers Drug Mart as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with the Terms and Conditions. No delay or omission by Shoppers Drug Mart in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
51. By redeeming Shoppers Optimum Points for rewards, the Shoppers Optimum Member releases Shoppers Drug Mart from any and all liability and claims regarding the redemption and use of the reward and any loss or damage caused by goods and services supplied as a reward.
52. Any reference herein to Shoppers Drug Mart refers to Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., its affiliates, and the licensed operators of the participating stores, as the context requires. 53. Any reference herein to Pharmaprix refers to Pharmaprix Inc., its affiliates and the licensed operators of the participating stores, as the context requires.
LAST UPDATED: June 1, 2010, with an effective date of July 1, 2010