Being a full-time beauty blogger has its perks, like getting to try every single product on the planet. Here, Jessica Desjardins takes a moment to reflect on the most formative items of her youth, when her award-winning site, Beautezine, was merely a glint in her perfectly contoured eye.
- “One of my earliest “big girl” makeup buys was Lancôme HypnôseMascara. It was the one mascara I was always seeing in magazines, but it wasn’t until I asked a girl in high school what mascara she used (she always had the biggest, most beautiful lashes) that I went out and bought it.”
- “Although I now rotate through about 20 different fragrances, I will always have a soft spot for Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. It was the first luxury fragrance I ever bought and still to this day is the only bottle I’ve ever actually finished and repurchased.”
- “Benefit Cosmetics always makes me feel nostalgic because I was in love with the cheeky names and adorable packaging (plus, I loved the products too). When I was in university, I’d save up my money and go to Shoppers Drug Mart and buy one new product every month or two until my collection was overflowing. Dallas Boxed Powderwas always a favourite and I still use it regularly!”
- “One of the very first products I ever bought after reading a rave blog review was the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. I was in university and between my early morning biochemistry labs and working a part-time job at night, I really needed my foundation to last all day on my oily skin.”
- “It wouldn’t be ‘My Life in 5 Products’ unless Bioderma Sensibio H2Owas included, since I’ve gone through over 100 bottles of it and use it every single day. It has completely replaced washing my face with a traditional cleanser since a woman told me on my first trip to Paris that it’s all she uses (and she had gorgeous skin)! One time I won a $500 gift card and spent the entire thing just stocking up on Bioderma Sensibio H2O!”