A vacation offers you an escape from work worries, school stresses, or whatever else that usually bogs you down in the day-to-day. But when you flee your routine, you don't want to totally abandon your good fitness intentions, do you? A few of you may have answered a resounding "Yes!" to that question. For the rest of you, pack these travel tips in your carry-on.
- Check to see if your hotel has a workout room.
- If you have a bike rack, bring an extra set of wheels – rest stops sometimes connect to short trails you can explore.
- Scan local listings for yoga studios or drop-in gym deals.
- Ditch the tour bus and travel the sightseeing route on foot – wear a pedometer as you walk and you'll be surprised by how much exercise you've fit in between destinations.
- Take a nature hike.
- Go for a run in a new place – look around online for running maps.
- Pack easy-to-carry athletic gear, like your yoga mat, running gear, or a jump-rope.
- Don't forget about the pool – swimming is a great workout!
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2018. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Get-Away---in-Good-Health