My Pharmacy Account FAQs
- What is a Pharmacy Account?
- Your Pharmacy Account gives you secure access to features that help you manage your prescriptions, such as:
- Add your store to view your prescriptions all in one place
- Request a refill for prescriptions ready for a refill
- Receive refill and pick up reminders right to your phone
- Enable auto refill for eligible prescriptions
- View your prescription history
- How to create a Pharmacy Account on the App?
- If you are a PC™id user and have an online account with Shoppers Drug Mart® complete your profile to create a Pharmacy Account. If you do NOT have an online account and or a PC™id account, start by creating a PC™id account through the Shoppers Drug Mart® App and complete your profile to create a Pharmacy Account.
- When can I request a refill for my prescription?
- You can request a refill for eligible prescriptions, 24 hours, 7 days a week. However, you may only pick up your prescription once it is available. If you have opted in to receive pick up notifications, you will receive an email and/or text message when it is ready to be picked up.
- Can my Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacy help me create an account to access Online Pharmacy Services?
- Yes. Your Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacy can help you create an Pharmacy Account by initiating the process at the store. For security, you will need to provide your email address and a photo id to create the Pharmacy Account. To complete the process a verification email will be sent to your inbox.
+ Load More
Access My Pharmacy
- What is identity verification?
- In order to protect your privacy, we require an authentication process so no one but you or someone you authorize can view your prescription records in your Pharmacy Account.
- What if I can’t or don’t want to verify my identity online?
- If you can't or don't want to verify your identity online to complete the process, you must visit your Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacy or contact Customer Service at 1-800-SHOPPERs (1-800-746-7737).
- How do I sign out of my account?
- You can Sign Out of your account in the Account Tab. For security, you will be signed out of your Pharmacy account after 20 minutes, and you will be prompted to sign back in.
- When will my prescription refill be ready for pick up?
- Your prescriptions will be ready for pickup in 24 hours or the next business day. Please call the Pharmacy if you need the medication(s) sooner.
If you have opted in to receive pick up notifications, you will receive an email and/or text message when your prescriptions are ready to be picked up. Your request for a prescription refill will be sent to the Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacy location where you have indicated you wish to pick up the refill medication. Once the Pharmacy has received the request it will be handled in the same manner as all refill requests, at all times being subject to the dispensing pharmacist's professional judgement and responsibilities.
- Can I fill new prescriptions online or through the Shoppers Drug Mart App?
- No. New prescriptions must be brought to your Pharmacy to be filled.
- How can I request a refill from my Online Pharmacy Account?
- To request a refill, go to the “Pharmacy” tab and click “Request a Refill”. You will be prompted to select a Pharmacy that has your prescription before requesting which prescription(s) you want to refill.
- My account is locked. How do I unlock my account?
- You can unlock your account by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-SHOPPERS (1-800-746-7737) or visiting your Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacy.
- Why can’t I see all my prescriptions?
- The prescriptions displayed under the “My Prescriptions” page, are those that have been recently added to your account or refilled. You can also find your archived prescriptions under prescription history.
- I don’t have any refills left. Can I request a prescription renewal online?
- Yes. You can request a renewal for eligible prescriptions by logging into the App. If you have a prescription with a status of “Ready to Refill” and “0 Refills left” you can Request a renewal by clicking on the “Request a Refill” button. Your Pharmacy will review your request. Please note that a renewal request may take longer than 24 hours as your Pharmacist may need to speak with your physician. If your Pharmacy is not able to process your renewal, your online refill request will be cancelled within 10 days. While many renewals are automatically processed, a renewal may not be processed by the Pharmacy because:
- Reassessment is required by your doctor
- Your doctor does not accept renewals from the Pharmacy
- While pharmacists can authorize renewals for some prescriptions, this may not be applicable for your medication
- Why can’t I refill some of my prescriptions online?
- There are several reasons why you may not be able to place a refill request for your prescription. You may be requesting a refill too early or too much time may have passed since your last refill. At this point, you should contact your Pharmacy or contact Customer Service at 1-800-SHOPPERS (1-800-746-7737).
- How can I cancel or edit a refill request once submitted?
- We recommend you contact your Pharmacy directly to cancel or edit your refill request. Alternatively, you can contact Customer Service at 1-800-SHOPPERS (1-800-746-7737).
- What should I do if I forget the answer to my security question?
- You can contact Customer Service at 1-800-SHOPPERS (1-800-746-7737) to reset your security question. You will be asked identity verification questions to reset your personal information. You can also visit your Pharmacy for assistance.
- Can I transfer my prescriptions to my Shoppers Drug Mart® location?
- Yes. You can request to transfer prescriptions from another Pharmacy to your preferred Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacy location by selecting the “Transfer Prescription” tab and entering the information requested. Please note that by law, not all prescriptions can be transferred. Speak with a member of your Pharmacy team for more details.
- Can I have my prescriptions delivered to my house?
- This service is not offered through the Shoppers Drug Mart® App. However, your Pharmacy may offer home delivery. Speak with a member of your Pharmacy team for more details
- How do I see my prescriptions from different Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacies on the App?
- If you had your prescriptions filled at several different Shoppers Drug Mart® Pharmacies and completed your Pharmacy Account, you will be able to view them under the “My Pharmacy” tab. There, you will see a list of all your prescriptions grouped by store.
Note: For your security, you may need to Sign In again.
- Why does my session get timed out?
- We want to ensure your personal information is secure. For security, you will be signed out of your Pharmacy account after 20 minutes, and you will be prompted to sign back in.
- How can I change my email and text message notification preferences?
- Click on the “Account” tab and then “Pharmacy Account” to manage your notification settings. If you are not signed in, use your PC™ id account sign in again.
- How can I sign up for refill and pick up notifications?
- To sign up for refill and pick up reminders, click the “Account” tab and click on “Pharmacy Account”. Within “Pharmacy Account” scroll down and continue to “Notification Settings”. Once you are in “Notification Settings” you will have the options to toggle ON/OFF your Refill and Pick up Reminders for email and texts messages.
- How does Auto Refill work?
- Once you’ve toggled “ON” for Auto-Refill, all your eligible prescriptions will request a refill to your Pharmacy automatically. You will be notified by email and/or text message based on your preference. You will be notified again when your prescription(s) are ready for pick up.
- How do I set up my prescriptions for Auto Refill if I already have a Pharmacy Account?
- First, sign in to your Pharmacy account with your PC™ id.
Within the App, go to the "Pharmacy" tab and click on the "My Prescriptions" button to see your prescriptions.
Toggle the eligible prescription "ON/OFF" to Auto Refill.
- Do I need access to Pharmacy Account to have my prescriptions Auto Refilled?
- No. You do not need a Pharmacy Account to have your prescriptions automatically refilled. Next time you visit your Pharmacy, ask your Pharmacy Team Member about enrolling your prescriptions to Auto Refill.
- Can I change the frequency, date or time of my prescription Auto Refills?
- No. Your prescription will be refilled based upon your healthcare provider's instructions. If you do not take your medication(s) as prescribed, or if your provider has changed your instructions without notifying your Pharmacy, your Next Refill Date may differ from the date you anticipated.
- When does an Auto Refill request occur?
- The Auto Refill request is typically sent to your Pharmacy 5 days before you would run out of your medication. There are some circumstances where this may differ. For further information check with your Pharmacy Team.
- What if I need my prescription before the Auto Refill date?
- Please contact your Pharmacy if you need your prescription before the Auto Refill date.
- How do I know when my prescription is being refilled?
- You will receive an email and/or text message from your Pharmacy when Auto Refill is applied to your prescription.
- Will I be notified when my prescription is ready to be picked up?
- Yes. You will receive an email and/or text message when your prescription is ready to be picked up.