Revisit high-impact ’90s beauty with shades of chocolate, matte textures and defined shapes. (Just be sure to leave the overplucked eyebrows in the past.)
1. Prep skin by massaging on Clarins Extra-Firming Energy radiance-boosting wrinkle-control day cream using an upward motion and tapping on Darphin Ideal Resource Restorative Bright Eye Cream around the eyes.
2. For a flawless, dimensional base, apply Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Le Teint Foundation using a foundation brush or sponge. Use a shade that is half a shade lighter than your complexion to the centre of your face, then apply a slightly darker shade of the same foundation around the perimeter and under your cheekbones to add definition. (These two shades can double as your primary winter and summer foundations.) Correct discolouration, blemishes or dark circles with IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Concealer, then dust on Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. “You want a matte base for the next step,” says makeup artist Simone Otis.
3. To add warmth, apply the shade “Sunny Honey” from the Too Faced Natural Face Palette with a contour brush to the temples, jawline, sides of the nose and beneath cheekbones. Use a blush brush to sweep “Pink Wink” along cheekbones for a pop of colour and highlight the tops of the cheekbones and the centre of your nose using a smaller brush dipped in “Starlight” or “Satin Sheets.”
4. To define the eyes, line the upper lashes using Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner. Squeeze a dab of Smashbox Always On Cream Eyeshadow onto the back of your hand and use a medium eyeshadow brush to shade the contour area below and around the brow bones. “Sweep the colour out to further exaggerate the eye shape,” says Otis. Brighten the inner corners with Lise Watier Dress Code Solo Eyeshadow in “Corsage”.
5. Darken lashes with two layers of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and amplify your arches with Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+.
6. For that classic neutral ’90s pout, outline lips with Lancôme Le Lip Liner in “Charme” and fill in with Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream Lipstick in “Ruby Passion”.