You are using an unsupported browser. Please upgrade your version in order to view the shoppersdrugmart.ca site.
Photos: courtesy of @labellesirene/Getty Images (right)
If there ever was a makeup look with fresh spring appeal, it’s a whimsical palette of pinks. Shimmery pastel shadows have been on our radar ever since we saw them in action on the Jill Stuart runway where models sported an ethereal mix of soft hues. The results were breathtaking, blissful and beautiful. That’s why we enlisted beauty blogger Courtney Connolly of La Belle Sirene (@labellesirene_) to break down the look for us. Read her how-to ahead then copy and repeat.
“For my take on the watercolour eyes trend, I decided to go for a whimsical blush pink and pastel purple fade. Here’s how to achieve a Blush Watercolour Eye!
1. Start with a clean, primed base that will help the pastel shades stick to the lid and show their true vibrancy. I used the white NYX Eyeshadow Base, applying it with a flat shading brush and blending with a warm finger. I then set it with the NYX Studio Finishing Powder.
2. Using your shadow palette, place your first colour on the outer half of the lid. I chose to use lavender and patted it onto the lid with a flat shading brush, extending it up towards the brow bone going past the crease. It is key to place the shadow past the usual canvas to create a blended, fading effect.
3. Pick another shadow and place it on the inner half of the lid leaving the tear duct clear. I chose to use the pink with a hint of shimmer, and with a clean brush placed it so it was slightly overlapping the edge of the lavender.
4. Use a clean fluffy brush to blend the two shades together.
5. Add a pearlescent or pink toned highlight into the tear duct and onto the brow bone. I used the NYX Prismatic Shadow in Girl Talk.
6. Add a pop of colour with a blue or mint shade along the lower lash line in the outer corner. I chose to use the NYX Prismatic Shadow in Blue Jeans.
7. Finish off the look with a thin winged liner and a few coats of mascara, my favourites are the Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner and the Maybelline Big Shot Mascara.”