SHOPPERS DRUG MART AND GUERLAIN INSTAGRAM CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC, AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.1. Eligibility: This contest is open to Canadian residents, excluding residents of Quebec, who are of the age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees of and immediate family members (“immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or partner), or those residing with an employee of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. (the “Sponsor”), the Associate/Owners of Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores, and their respective agents, representatives, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, licensors, licensees, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this contest, and related entities (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). Subject to all federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. Void where prohibited or
restricted by law.
2. Contest Period: The contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and starts on December 8, 2017 at 8 h, and closes on December 10 2017, at 23 h 59 (ET).
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NOTE: Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. To enter the Contest from your Instagram account, you must:
- Log in to or create your Instagram Account.
- Follow @ShoppersDrugMartOfficial on Instagram, like the Guerlain contest post, comment with what your favourite Guerlain products are for the season and tag one (1) friend in the comment section.
- You will automatically receive one (1) Entry.
4. Posting Format and Content: The submitted comment: (i) must tag one (1) friend and must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any offensive, obscene, immoral or illegal depictions; (ii) must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13; (iii) must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content; including, but not limited to, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behavior or conduct (including but not limited to the use of alcohol or drugs); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); (iv) must be posted only once; (v) must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant); (vi) must not contain any third party trademarks or logos; and (vii) must not violate any law. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT: (i) THE PARTICIPANT HAS OPTED-IN TO THE SPONSOR’S COLLECTION AND USE OF PARTICIPANT’S INSTAGRAM USERNAME AND ANY/ALL CONTENT ASSOCIATED THEREWITH RELATING TO THE CONTEST FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT COMPENSATION OR ANY FURTHER CONSIDERATION;(ii) BY OPTING-IN, THE PARTICPANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ AND CONSENTS TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN; AND, (iii) IF SELECTED AS A WINNER, THE PARTICIPANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE SPONSOR AND ANY THIRD PARTY DESIGNATED BY THE SPONSOR AS NECESSARY TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST WITH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED TO VERIFY ELIGIBILITY AND TO FULFILL DELIVERY AND RECEIPT OF THE CONTEST PRIZE. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF HE/SHE IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, CERTAIN OF HIS/HER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES ATLEAST AS REQUIRED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ON A WINNERS’ LIST. All entries become the property of Sponsor. Each participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that by posting his/her Entry on Instagram, participant has granted to Sponsor all intellectual property and any and all other rights in the Entry and each of its constituent parts. Participant agrees to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, the Contest Parties, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, agents, subcontractors, licensors, and licensees from all claims, demands, and causes of action of any nature whatsoever which participant or participant’s heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on participant’s behalf or on behalf of participant’s estate, have or may have by reason of : (i) Sponsor’s exercise of any rights granted by participant to Sponsor hereunder or otherwise herein; and (ii) claims based on violation of any right of publicity or rights of personality, infringement of copyright or trademark, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, loss of earnings or potential earnings in connection with Sponsor’s use of the Entry and any portion thereof, or the likeness of any natural person therein.
5. Prizes: There are two (2) prizes available to be won (the “Prize”). The prize consist of : One (1) x Guerlain Mon Guerlain Eau de Parfum, one (1) x Guerlain Mon Guerlain Body Lotion and one (1) x Guerlain Mon Guerlain Shower Gel. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $236 CAD. Prize is nontransferable, not redeemable for cash or credit in whole or in part and must be accepted as awarded. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or any component thereof for those of approximately the same value.
6. Random Prize Draw and Winner Selection: A random draw from all eligible entries received within the Contest Period will be held at the Toronto offices of the Sponsor on October 23 at 10:00 a.m. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. A representative of the Sponsor will attempt to contact selected entrants by direct message on Instagram within 72 hours of being selected to confirm identity, obtain contact information so that a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) can be issued and the skill testing question can be administered and to confirm that each selected entrant is a Prize Winner. Before being declared A CONFIRMED PRIZE winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; (ii) sign and return within TWO (2) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (b) acknowledges acceptance of
the Prize as awarded; (c)releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet, and on the winners’ list. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within 72hours (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (iii) fails to return the properly executed contest documents within the specified time; and/or (iv) cannot accept the prize as awarded (for any reason); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
7. Winners’ List: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2017 to Shoppers Drug Mart Guerlain Instagram Contest c/o Shoppers Drug Mart, 243 Consumers Road, 11th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8.
8. General: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries. The Releasees will not be responsible or liable for any failure of the Contest Website, for any technical, computer, printing, distribution, or production errors, for any losses, damages, or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity. Further, the Releasees will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material in the Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor, which assumes no responsibility for entries that are garbled, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, lost, misplaced, stolen, delayed, damaged, inaccurate, undelivered or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and all such entries shall be void. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected with tampering with the entry process or to be acting in a manner deemed by the Contest Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules. The Sponsor acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By participating in this contest, you agree to a complete release of liability of Instagram, who is not affiliated with this promotion. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administration of this contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications. The Releasees will not be liable for any failure of any Contest related website, and do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. The use of an invalid email address or Instagram account will disqualify all entries from those users/email addresses/Instagram accounts. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Contest Sponsor: Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario M2J4W8.