Protect Yourself from Job Seeker Fraud
Thank you for your interest in working for Shoppers Drug Mart or in one of the independently owned and operated stores of our Associate-Owners.
We know searching for a new job can be stressful, and may put you in a position where you could be taken advantage of.
We have become aware of situations in the past where our brand has been used to try to fool job seekers in other countries about opportunities here.
We also know we are not the only brand to face such challenges.
WHAT WE DO:
To help you, we want you to know how Shoppers Drug Mart and our Associate-Owners handle the hiring process.
Shoppers Drug Mart’s primary business is conducted in Canada and the vast majority of any hiring done by Shoppers Drug Mart or its Associate-Owners occurs in Canada.
Shoppers Drug Mart or its Associate-Owners will do our best to:
- Meet candidates we are interested in hiring
- Hire based on an applicant’s interest in an open position (based on a job posting and /or their submission of a resume or CV)
- Hire the most appropriately qualified individual and follow a diverse and equitable hiring process
- Hire candidates who are already eligible to work in Canada (a very few exceptions apply where this may not be the case)
Shoppers Drug Mart or its Associate-Owners will never:
- offer a job without an interview
- hire anyone without a meeting whether in person or via phone
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
There are steps you can take to protect yourself from fraud in general and recruitment related fraud specifically:
- Apply at the organization’s web site or career portal
- Know your local laws and understand what information an employer can and should ask for, and only provide that
- Check the email address matches the organization’s actual web site address / domain name
- Do not give out passwords to your email, social networking sites or other sites you use that contain your personal information
Following are some links that may be useful as you educate yourself on fraud: