The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) was passed in 2005. Its goal is to have a fully accessible Ontario by 2025. In order to achieve its objective, the AODA will establish accessibility standards in the areas of:
- Customer Service
- Information and Communications
- Built Environment
The Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/07) is the first to be enacted into law.
Shoppers Drug Mart is committed to providing its goods and services in ways that respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same places and in a similar way as other customers and patients.
- Shoppers Drug Mart has developed an Accessibility Customer Service Practice to govern how it and its licensed stores and affiliated companies offer goods and services to people with disabilities in Ontario. Copies of the Accessible Customer Service Practice are available in alternate formats, upon request. To request an alternate format, please contact us.
- Customers are welcome to email or call us at 1-800-SHOPPERS (1-800-746-7737) about how we serve our customers with disabilities.
- View our Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy and our Integrated Accessibility Multi Year Plan
- We recognize Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.