Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix
“HALLS AND PC OPTIMUM 1,000,000 POINT CONTEST:
You could WIN 1 of 10 prizes consisting of 1,000,000 PC Optimum points when you spend $12 or more on any Halls products.” (“Contest”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“Official Rules”)
SPONSOR: Contest is sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest begins on January 9, 2021 at 12:00am (ET) and closes February 5, 2021 at 11:59pm (ET)the (“Contest Closing date”) (collectively the “Contest Period”).
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, nineteen years (19) of age or older at time of entry. Entrants must hold a valid PC Optimum account and meet all other eligibility requirements to enter. All entrants are responsible for ensuring that their contact information is up-to-date and correct on their PC Optimum account. If you do not have a PC Optimum account, visit any Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix store or visit https://www.pcoptimum.ca/ for details on how to become a member. Membership is free. By enrolling you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the PC Optimum Program as amended from time to time.
Employees of Sponsor, the Associate/Owners of Shoppers Drug Mart stores, the Associate/Owners of Pharmaprix stores and MONDELEZ CANADA INC. (“Mondelez Canada”) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, fulfillment house, agents, and representatives, and members of their respective immediate families or those with whom they are domiciled, are not permitted to enter the Contest.
Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Contest Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void wherever prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest, as described below. Limit of one (1) entry per day regardless of method of entry.
To enter the Contest and qualify for a chance to win a Prize, you may enter in two (2) ways:
AUTOMATIC ENTRY: Every time you purchase $12 or more worth of any participating Halls products** (as set out below) during the Contest Period at any participating Shoppers Drug Mart® or Pharmaprix® store (each store a licensed operator of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. or its affiliates), and use your valid PC Optimum Card, your name will be automatically entered into the Contest for a chance to win a Prize.
- NO PURCHASE ENTRY: To enter the Contest without making a purchase, please write an essay in (fifty) 50 words or less about “What is your favourite Halls flavor and why?”. Each essay must be original and not mechanically reproduced. Include the essay along with your PC Optimum Card number and the name on the PC Optimum Card number you provided and mail it in an envelope with sufficient postage to: PC Optimum/ “HALLS AND PC OPTIMUM 1,000,000 POINT CONTEST” c/o Shoppers Drug Mart, 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8. Limit of one (1) entry per envelope. All entries must be postmarked by February 5, 2021 and be received by Contest Sponsor at the aforesaid address no later than five (5) business days after the closing date to be eligible for entry into the draw at the end of the Contest Period.
**The following is a list of participating Halls products (each and collectively “Participating Products”). Availability of Participating Products may vary between stores.
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS HONEY-LEMON 30PCS – 57700853788
- HALLS VITAMIN C ASSORTED CITRUS 30PCS – 57700853900
- HALLS KIDS POPS CHERRY 10PCS – 57700014257
- HALLS KIDS POPS STRAWBERRY 10PCS – 57700014271
- HALLS KIDS POPS VITAMIN C ORANGE 10PCS – 57700014318
- HALLS KIDS POPS HONEY APPLE 10PCS – 57700015940
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS EXTRA STRONG BAG 30PCS – 57700002254
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS CHERRY 30PCS – 57700853764
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS ASSORTED MINT 25PCS – 57700213247
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS BLACK CHERRY 25PCS – 57700229996
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS KIWI APPLE 25PCS – 57700219614
- HALLS CENTRES CHERRY 25PCS – 57700222836
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS HONEY VANILLA BAG 30PCS – 57700014745
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS HONEY 30PCS – 57700011997
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS HONEY GINGER 30PCS – 57700015315
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS EXTRA STRONG 4PK – 57700628263
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS CHERRY 4PK – 57700628218
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS ASSORTED 4PK – 57700229910
- HALLS MENTHOLYPTUS REGULAR 4PK – 57700229934
- HALLS ECONOMY PACK HONEY LEMON 80PCS – 57700012567
- HALLS ECONOMY PACK CHERRY 80PCS – 57700012550
- HALLS HONEY FLAVOUR 9PCS – 57700011973
- HALLS SUGAR FREE EXTRA STRONG 9PCS – 57700212752
- HALLS VITAMIN C POMEGRANATE CITRUS 9PCS – 57700219577
- HALLS CENTRES CHERRY 9PCS – 57700223642
- HALLS BLACK CHERRY 9PCS – 57700229958
- HALLS REGULAR 9PCS – 57700229972
- HALLS COOLMINT 9PCS – 57700627006
- HALLS EXTRA STRONG 9PCS – 57700628034
- HALLS CHERRY 9PCS – 57700628607
- HALLS HONEY LEMON 9PCS – 57700628805
- HALLS VITAMIN C ASSORTED CITRUS 9PCS – 57700853863
- HALLS HONEY VANILLA 9PCS – 57700014769
- There will be ten (10) prizes available to be won during the Contest Period, each consisting of 1,000,000 PC Optimum points, with an approximate retail value of $1,000 Canadian dollars each. Points will be added to a winner’s PC Optimum account 2 weeks following being declared a contest prize winner.
- Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined is $10,000 Canadian dollars.
CHANCES OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
RANDOM PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION: Ten (10) potential prize winners will be randomly selected at the end of the Contest Period from among all eligible entries received. No purchase entries will be date stamped and included in the draw if postmarked by February 5, 2021 and received no later than five (5) business days after the Contest Closing Date. The random draw will occur at the Shoppers Drug Mart central office in Toronto, Ontario on February 15, 2021 by Shoppers Drug Mart, (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 2:00 PM Eastern Time (EST). No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Group (as defined in this section) for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. A representative of the Contest Sponsor will notify the selected entrant by email provided through PC Optimum account within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. The representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the potential Prize Winner. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time and then sign a standard declaration/release form (“Declaration and Release”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, and releasing the Contest Sponsor, Mondelez Canada, and each of their respective shareholders, employees, parents, directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensors, licensees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from any and all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and/or misuse of the Prize or for matters that inhibit, reduce or prevent enjoyment of the Prize. Prize Winner will be required to sign and return the Declaration and Release forms within three (3) days of its receipt or the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Prize Winner may be selected. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or three (3) business days of the Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, the selected entrant shall forfeit any rights to the Prize, and another entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries and be subject to disqualification in the same manner. If all prize winner(s) cannot be verified by Sponsor with sixty (60) of Draw Date, Sponsor reserves the right not to award all of the prizes. No correspondence pertaining to this Contest will be entered into except with a potential winner. Potential winner may be required to show proof of identification as part of the verification process. In case of a dispute concerning the identity of the individual who submitted an entry, the entrant will be deemed to be the account holder of the PC Optimum account under which the entry was submitted. The “account holder” shall be the natural person whose name appears on the PC Optimum account. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Contest Sponsor’s satisfaction, the potential winning entry will be deemed null and void.
- GENERAL RULES: Entries obtained through fraudulent means or through an abuse of the PC Optimum Program or in any way tampered with, forged, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or mechanically reproduced entries may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor be disqualified. All entries are subject to verification by Contest Sponsor and Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel and revoke any entries if they are found to be improper or if the entrant is subsequently found to be ineligible pursuant to the Contest Rules.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and shall not be returned. The Contest Group is not responsible for entries lost, late, misdirected, containing inaccurate information or delayed for any reason. Mailed in, no-purchase entry must bear sufficient postage, which is the sole responsibility of the entrant. Proof of sending an entry or purchasing a participating product is not proof of receipt by the Contest Sponsor.
- By entering the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, entrants consent to the use of their name, voice, photograph and/or videotaping in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Contest Group and publication of same on the list of winners without further compensation.
- Currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated. Each prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated prize(s) are unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be available to be won, or the Sponsor, in its sole option, may award the winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. The prize(s) will be delivered only to the confirmed winners.
- Refusal to accept a prize releases the Contest Group, as well as their respective directors, officers, and employees, of all responsibility and obligations toward the winner of such prize. In no event shall Contest Group be held to award more prizes that what is mentioned in these rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these rules.
- The Contest Group shall not be liable to a confirmed winner of the Prize for any guarantee, warranty, condition or representation, express or implied, relating to a Prize, including without limitation, its quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants and/or Prize Winners assume liability for, and release and hold harmless the Contest Group from any losses, damages, or injuries of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the contest, any contest-related activity, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded.
- The Contest Group and its respective agents are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Contest Rules, the selection and announcement of a winner, distribution of the prize or parts of the prize or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems or providers, software and hardware configurations, or failure of any entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor for any reason.
- Subject to the approval of the Régie, the Contest Sponsor may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Contest Rules.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the French language rules, the English disclosures or other statements contained in any contest related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form, French version of these Rules, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 15, 2021, to PC Optimum/ “MAYNARDS/CADBURY HALLOWEEN AND PC OPTIMUM 1,000,000 POINT CONTEST” c/o Shoppers Drug Mart, 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8.
- GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event lawyer’s fees. Entrant agrees that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Contest Group in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
- Quebec residents: Any litigation regarding the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des Alcools, des Courses et des Jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Official Contest Rules: These rules are available at the contest website at shoppersdrugmart.ca/mondelezcontest.
Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix, PC Optimum Program, PC Optimum Card, are trademarks of 911979 Alberta Ltd, used under license.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.