THE LOOK: SMOKY EMERALD
Unexpected colour plays with shadow and liner are a major trend for fall. It’s no longer about playing with the familiar shades in the box, but experimenting with new hues that work for you.
The hottest colour to keep your eyes on? This striking emerald smoky eye is currently topping our style lists as one of our faves. Here’s how you can pull off this jewel-tone masterpiece.
1. Start with a serum to hydrate and prep skin.
Elizabeth Arden Advanced Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum
2. Apply an eye primer to lids to create a smooth base for your eye makeup.
Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer
3. Use a black eyeliner to create a chevron shape in the outer corners of the eyes. This will add depth and a touch of drama to your smoky eye.
Lise Watier Crayon Kajal
4. Sweep an emerald eyeshadow across the entire eyelid, from the lash line to the crease. Extend the eyeshadow from the corner of the eyes towards the temples to create an exaggerated shape. Then, add a pop of highlight to the inner corner of the eyes.
Lise Watier Weekender Eye Palette
Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé Suprême in Magie Blanche
5. Go over the chevron you created in step 3 using the same black eyeliner. Softly smudge the liner with a crease blender brush.
Quo Professional Shadow Smudge Brush
6. Apply one to two coats of mascara, making sure to get into hard-to-reach lashes.
Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara in Stunning Black
7. Apply foundation using a sponge or brush, starting from the center of the face and blending outwards.
Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation
8. Fill and groom brows if needed. Then, sweep a soft, neutral pink or peach blush on the cheeks.
KNOW Cosmetics No Bare Brows Universal 4-in-1 Brow Fix
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Radiance Blush
9. Finish the look with a nude lip colour, using a lip brush for precision.
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Angelo