Public Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing is now available at select locations for individuals with no symptoms who meet the criteria.
Complete the screening request form for the COVID-19 test. You will be contacted by your selected Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacy* about your screening.
This form does not guarantee you qualify for the test. You will be contacted to confirm eligibility.
* A service provider of the pharmacy may contact you on behalf of the pharmacy.
COVID-19 testing is available at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations for asymptomatic individuals that meet criteria established by the province:
- Residents, workers or visitors of long-term care home
- Residents or workers in homeless shelters or congregate settings
- International students that have passed their 14-day quarantine period
- Farm workers
- Individuals who self-Identify as Indigenous
- Staff working in schools (including supply and specialty teachers), school boards, and child care settings in select Public Health Units (PHU)†
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
- Individuals who are travelling into remote/isolated First Nation and Indigenous communities for work purposes
Effective December 11, the Ontario Ministry of Health updated the eligibility criteria for the Public asymptomatic COVID-19 testing program at Pharmacies and has removed the following eligibility criteria from the testing program:
- Individuals who require a COVID-19 test for international travel clearance purposes
If you require a negative COVID-19 PCR test for international travel clearance purposes, please see International Outbound Travel COVID-19 Testing available through select Shoppers Drug Mart locations here or contact a private testing facility such as a travel clinic.
Complete the screening request form
† Individuals attending and working in post-secondary education, students and children who attend schools or child care settings, and household members of staff of schools, child care settings, and school boards are not eligible for PCR testing at pharmacies at this time unless they fall into one of the other targeted testing groups outlined above.