Brown Rice Bibimbap
- Ready in 30 min.
- Serves 2
- 1 pkg (250 g) PC® Blue Menu Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sriracha sauce or other Asian hot sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienned carrots
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) English cucumber, thinly sliced in half-moons
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 PC® Blue Menu Oméga-3 White Eggs - Large
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- Squeeze rice pouch gently all over to break the rice apart. Tear top corners of pouch about 1/2 inch (1 cm). Place pouch, upright, in the microwave and heat on HIGH for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Let stand in microwave 1 – 2 minutes. Caution: Pouch will be hot. Carefully remove from microwave holding sides. Pour into a bowl and stir.
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, sugar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the canola oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add garlic and hot pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Add rice and one-third of soy sauce mixture; cook for another 2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. Using paper towels, wipe pan clean.
- Place carrots and cucumbers each in separate small bowls. Divide remaining soy sauce mixture between bowls; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Return frying pan to stove top. Heat remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook spinach, tossing often, for 30 seconds; transfer to bowl and keep warm.
- Return frying pan again to stove top over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan; cook for 3 minutes, turning once halfway. Remove from heat.
- To serve, divide rice mixture between two dinner bowls. Divide spinach, carrots and cucumber between the bowls, arranging around outer edges of rice. Place a fried egg in the centre of each dish. Sprinkle with green onions; drizzle with any remaining dressing from bowls containing carrots or cucumbers.
- Calories 430 cal
- Fat 17 g
- Sodium 650 mg
- Carbohydrate 59 g
- Fibre 8 g
- Protein 15 g
- Omega 3 polyunsaturated fat 0.6 g
- Source of Omega
- High in Fibre
- Excellent Source of Vitamin A
- Source of Iron
- Source of Potassium