- Ready in 30 min.
- Serves 8
- 450 g PC Blue Menu Air Chilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 4- x 1-inch (10 x 2.5 cm) strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each chili powder and ground coriander
- 5 tsp (25 mL) PC® 100% Pure First-Pressed Canola Oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) rinsed and drained PC® Blue Menu® Black Beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC Medium Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 PC Blue Menu 100% Whole Grain Whole Wheat Tortillas, warmed
- Combine chicken, half of the garlic, 2 tsp cumin and 1 tsp each chili powder and coriander in large bowl; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook, stirring often, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Wipe out skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onion, yellow pepper, red pepper and remaining 2 tsp cumin and 1 tsp each chili powder and coriander; stir-fry until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water; stir-fry until peppers are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beans; cook until heated through.
- Return chicken mixture to skillet. Stir in salsa; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions and cilantro. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas; fold to secure.
- Calories 330 cal
- Fat (1.5 g of which is saturated) 9 g
- Sodium 450 mg
- Carbohydrate 42 g
- Fibre 6 g
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 21 g
- Low in saturated fat
- Very high Fibre
To keep the meal low-fat, top with nonfat sour cream or Greek yogurt.