Chocolate Quinoa Brownies
- Ready in 40 min.
- Serves 9
- ½ cup (125 mL) PC® Organics Quinoa
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ¼ cup (50 mL) 2% milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 2 PC® Blue Menu Omega-3 White Eggs - Large
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- In small saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Transfer to bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 8-inch square (2 L) metal cake pan with cooking spray.
- Place quinoa, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 30 to 34 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack. Cut into 9 squares. Serve dusted with icing sugar, if desired.
Makes 9 servings Per serving
- 180 calories
- fat 6 g (1 g of it saturated)
- sodium 65 mg
- carbohydrate 29 g
- Fibre 2 g
- protein 4 g
- Low in saturated fat