My child may have a food allergy, what do I do?

Welcome to “A Virtual Q&A with Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacists”! Join our pharmacists as they answer your questions on various health and medication topics.

My child may have a food allergy, what do I do?

There are some over the counter medications that can help with minor allergic reactions, but it's recommended to speak to your physician if you suspect your child has a food allergy. It is also important to inform the school, daycare or any other caregivers of any food allergies.

Whether you have questions about your prescription medications, over-the-counter products, immunizations, or other health concerns, our pharmacists are here to help.

The information provided is for personal use, reference and education only and is not intended to be a substitute for a physician’s advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your healthcare professional for specific information on personal health matters.

This information included in this recording is correct as of July 23, 2020.