Sunshine Hot Cakes
- Ready in 35 min.
- Serves 5
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) 2% milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC® Organics All Purpose Flour - Unbleached
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground PC® Italian Seasoning Grinder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) shredded PC® Organics Carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained PC® Blue Menu Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded PC 1-Year Old Canadian White Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) thinly sliced PC® Organics Green Onions
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, grinder and salt. In large bowl, stir together carrots, corn, cheese and green onions; toss in flour mixture to combine, and then stir in egg mixture.
- Spray large nonstick frying pan with PC Canola Oil Cooking Spray. Heat over medium-low heat. When pan is hot, add batter to pan in 2 tbsp (25 mL) amounts, spacing well apart. Cook for 1-1/2 minutes or until lightly golden; turn hot cakes and cook another 1-1/2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter, respraying frying pan with cooking spray between batches. Makes about 20 hot cakes. Serve immediately. Serve with ketchup, if desired.
Per 4 hot cake serving
- Calories 220 Cal
- Fat 11 g
- Sodium 640 mg
- Carbohydrate 20 g
- Fibre2 g
- Protein 11 g
- Source of fibre
Make the day before serving; place on baking sheet and store covered in refrigerator. Re warm in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
Children may especially like these as an accompaniment to chicken fingers or wings. For adults, they are a perfect vehicle for smoked salmon and sour cream, garnished with sprig of dill.