Your doctor is a crucial part of your treatment team and an excellent source of information. If you want to take an active role in your treatment, the best way to start is by asking plenty of questions. If you're not sure what to ask, here are a few suggestions. You can print this page off to bring to your visit, and add to it any other questions you may have.
Top 10 questions to ask your doctor:
- What type of skin cancer do I have?
- What treatment options are available?
- What are the benefits and risks of the different options?
- Which option would you recommend and why?
- How effective is this option?
- What are the side effects of this option? What should I do about them?
- What do I need to do to prepare for treatment, and how will it affect my daily life (both during and after treatment)?
- Are there any new options coming soon? Are there any clinical studies in which I could consider participating?
- What is my prognosis? Will you be able to remove all of the cancer, and what are the chances that my cancer could come back?
- What can I do to reduce my risk of skin cancer in the future?
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Be-Treatment-Savvy