Antipasto Israeli Couscous Salads
- Ready in 35 min.
- Serves 8
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg (340 g) PC BLACK LABEL ISRAELI COUSCOUS
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) PC® Organics Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 pkg (283 g) PC® Organics Grape Tomatoes 83291
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (170 mL) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup (50 mL) white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) chopped watercress
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In saucepan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add couscous and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until tender but firm and liquid has been absorbed. Remove lid, stir and transfer to large bowl.
- In large frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat. Cook tomatoes for 3 minutes or until slightly soft. Stir in olives and garlic; cook, stirring, until tomato skins burst. Increase heat to medium. Stir in artichokes and vinegar; cook for 30 seconds. Stir into couscous. Stir in salt and pepper. Stir in watercress and green onions.
- Serve immediately or chill. Serve as a side salad or serve as a main course on a hot summer day.
- 340 calories
- Fat 19 g
- Sodium 530 mg
- Carbohydrate 37 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Protein 6 g