Apple Spice Muffins
- Ready in 35 min.
- Serves 12
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) PC® Organics Quick Oats
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground allspice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC® Organics Sweetened Applesauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- ½ cup (125 mL) raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC® Organics Whole Flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice and salt in bowl. Whisk together egg, applesauce, sugar, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in another large bowl; add to oat mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in pumpkin seeds and flaxseed. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in center of oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool completely.
- Calories 270 Cal
- Fat 10 g
- Sodium 230 mg
- Carbohydrate 38 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Protein 7 g