Baked Egg & Spinach
- Ready in 45 min.
- Serves 4
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC Blue Menu Celeb 100% Canola and Mid-Oleic Sunflower Oil Blend
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 4 PC Blue Menu Oméga-3 Large Eggs
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) sea salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mist four 3/4 cup (175 mL) ramekins with cooking spray; set aside. Squeeze spinach dry in clean tea towel; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pulse spinach, onion, cream cheese, nutmeg and 2 tbsp water in food processor until combined. Divide among prepared ramekins. Using back of spoon, make well in centre of each ramekin; break 1 egg into each well. Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; cover with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 210 calories
- Fat 14 g
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fats 0.5 g
- Sodium 390 mg
- Carbohydrate 8 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 12 g
- Excellent Source of Vitamin A
- Source of vitamin E
- Excellent source of folate