Baked Greek Chicken On Ribbon Salad
- Ready in 45 min.
- Serves 4
- 1 tub (500 mL) PC® 0% Greek Yogurt- Plain
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 4 PC Blue Menu Air Chilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, about 900 g
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained and rinsed PC® Blue Menu Chickpeas
- 1 cup (250 mL) multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 4 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- In bowl, stir together yogurt, garlic and lemon rind. Transfer ¾ cup (175 mL) to small bowl; whisk in lemon juice, cover and set aside in refrigerator.
- Add oregano to remaining yogurt mixture, stirring to combine. Transfer to resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag; massage to completely coat chicken with marinade. Set aside in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375? F (190? C). Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer chicken in marinade to prepared baking sheet; discard remaining marinade. Bake in center of oven for 15 minutes; increase oven to broil. Cook chicken 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly coloured and cooked through. Transfer to dinner plates.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently toss together chickpeas, tomatoes, celery, onion and cucumbers. Divide salad onto plates alongside chicken; garnish with mint and parsley leaves. Drizzle reserved yogurt dressing over chicken and salad or serve on the side in small individual bowls.
- 380 calories
- fat 4 g (of which 1 g is saturated)
- sodium 160 mg
- carbohydrate 22 g
- Fibre 5 g
- protein 64 g
- Low in Saturated Fat
- Excellent Source of Potassium
- Source of Calcium
- Source of Fibre
- Source of Iron