Broccoli Stuffed Portobello Caps
- Ready in 55 min.
- Serves 6
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped shallots
- 1 pkg (100 g) PC® Formaggio Di Bufala Mozzarella Fresh Soft Cheese, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (use large holes of box grater)
- Half 454-g pkg PC® Ricotta Whey Cheese
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (800 g) PC® Portobello Mushroom Caps, stems removed and discarded
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bring saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add broccoli; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to large bowl. Using potato masher, mash broccoli into fine pieces.
- In large nonstick ovenproof frying pan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add leeks and shallots; cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until they begin to caramelize. Scrape into bowl with broccoli. Add mozzarella, Parmigiano, ricotta, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper; stir until well combined.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel. Using tip of a spoon, scrape away dark gills from underside of caps; discard. Spoon broccoli mixture evenly into hollowed-out mushroom caps.
- Wipe frying pan clean; heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms bottom-side-down; cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms start to brown. Bake in centre of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until warmed through. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- High in Fibre