Creamy Feta Pasta With Shrimp
- Ready in 50 min.
- Serves 6
- 1 pkg (454 g) PC Black Tiger Zipperback Shrimp - Raw, thawed and shelled
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) paprika
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (375 g) PC® Blue Menu 100% Whole Grain Whole Wheat Pasta - Macaroni
- 1 pkg (900 mL) PC® Blue Menu Chicken Broth
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 5 oz (150 g) vacuum-packed PC® Feta Cheese Block
- In bowl, toss shrimp, paprika, half of salt and half of pepper. In large nonstick frying pan, heat half of oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in single layer; cook until brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover to hold warm.
- In large frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat; cook onion and garlic for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened. Add pasta; stir to coat well with oil. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm.
- Stir in spinach, lemon rind and juice, remaining salt and pepper, and 1 cup (250 mL) water. Stir in feta; cook, stirring, over medium heat until feta has melted, and sauce is thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Divide pasta among six plates; arrange shrimp on top.
- 420 calories
- fat 11 g
- sodium 650 mg
- carbohydrate 53 g
- Fibre 9 g
- protein 27 g
- FIBRE PILLAR
- Excellent Source of Iron
- Very High in Fibre