Crunchy Quinoa And Leek Gratin
- Ready in 20 min.
- Serves 4
- 1 pkg (225 g) PC® Organics Quinoa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (5 cups/1.25 L)
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 PC Blue Menu Omega 3 Eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) PC® Blue Menu No Salt Added Chicken Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded PC® One Year Old White Canadian Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- In small saucepan, bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat; add leeks and pepper, cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are soft and leeks start to turn golden. Transfer to bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray 13 X 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and chicken broth. Stir in cooled quinoa, cooled vegetables, cheese and salt. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake in centre of oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set at the centre.
Makes 10 servings per serving
- 190 calories
- fat 7 g
- sodium 240 mg
- carbohydrate 24 g
- Fibre 3 g
- protein 8 g
- Source of Fibre
- Source of Calcium and potassium