Want to go back to the gym or playground? Here are some ways to stay safe while doing so.
- Allow others to pass, or walk around them swiftly and politely on sidewalks.
- Avoid sharing equipment or toys with people outside of your household.
- Bring alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol for times when you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Bring your own drinking water to avoid public drinking fountains.
- Check your local public health guidelines and indoor fitness centre regulations about wearing a face mask while exercising within recreational facilities. You should continue to maintain physical distancing and practice good hand hygiene as protective measures when exercising.
- If the playground is busy, try going another time when there are fewer people.
- Keep at least 2 metres apart from non-household members.
- Pick a quiet route or go outside at a time of day when it is less likely to be crowded.
- Practice good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth, especially after touching public gym or park equipment.
- Space yourself out from other people as much as possible when you are moving at a fast pace (i.e., running, cycling).
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Staying-Active-During-COVID-19