How long does it usually take to get an appointment with a fertility clinic?
This varies between clinics. The usual waiting time is about 1 to 3 months. Ask the clinic how long you may have to wait for an appointment, and contact the clinic if you have not heard from them by this time.
How should I prepare for my first visit to a fertility clinic?
You'll get more out of your fertility clinic visit if you come prepared. Before your visit, take a few steps to get ready:
- Contact the clinic to confirm your appointment time, find out what to bring, and whether you should arrive a bit early.
- Clear plenty of time in you and your partner's schedule so you will not be rushed getting to the clinic.
- Use the fertility doctor discussion guide to organize information about your medical history and attempts to get pregnant.
- Make a list of any questions you may have about your fertility or fertility treatment. You can use this list of questions for your fertility specialist to get started.
What do I need to bring to my first fertility clinic appointment?
This depends on the clinic. Your clinic may ask you to bring the following:
- your health card
- your partner's health card (if your partner is coming with you to the appointment)
- your insurance information (and your partner's information if applicable)
- information about your medical history (some clinics also require a copy of your medical file along with certain blood test results and the results of any infertility tests you have already had)
Most clinics recommend that your partner (if you have one) should come along to your first visit. You should also bring your list of questions for your doctor and a pen and paper to take notes.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Fertility-Clinic-FAQ