To help find a fitness routine that fits into your schedule and doesn't cause excess fatigue, consider the following suggestions:
- Choose a community center or recreation facility in your neighborhood, to avoid extra efforts from the commute.
- Avoid exercising in overheated environments. Check locker room temperature and humidity, and ask about the pool temperature: the ideal water temperature is between 80 and 84 degrees.
- Step with care: look for non-slip floors in locker rooms and around pools, grab rails in pools and shower areas and pool lifts if needed.
- Learn how to monitor your heart rate and breathing rate and stay within your appropriate heart rate target range.
- Always wear rubber-soled nylon or plastic water shoes or sandals on the wet floors of locker rooms and pool areas.
- Don't hesitate to lean against a wall or use a chair for support in stretching, yoga, or aerobics classes.
- When working to improve balance, have someone standing nearby for protection.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/MS-and-Exercise-Benefits