Kale and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Ready in 40 min.
- Serves 2
- 3 cups (750 mL) Peeled cubed sweet potato (1-inch/2.5 cm cubes) (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) PC® Blue Menu® Omega Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Diced onion
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Kale, torn in bite-size pieces (about 1 bunch)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 PC® Blue Menu®Oméga-3 White Eggs – Large
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Segment one orange; cut each segment into thirds and set aside in small bowl.
- Place sweet potatoes in small saucepan; pour in enough cool water to cover by 1-inch (2.5 cm). Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain well; set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil in nonstick ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat; cook half of the onions for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, or until tender and light golden. Stir in kale; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until kale is bright green and just beginning to wilt. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; cook without stirring for about 1 minute or until water has evaporated. Transfer to bowl; set aside.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) oil in same frying pan; heat over medium-high heat. Fry remaining onion, stirring often, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender and golden. Stir in sweet potatoes; fry for another 3 to 4 minutes stirring once or twice. Place pan in centre of oven; bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until sweet potatoes are very tender and golden. Remove from oven; stir in kale mixture, salt and pepper. Return to oven; bake for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to shallow serving dish. Cool frying pan.
- Spray with cooking spray; carefully crack eggs into pan, one on each side. Fry for about 1 minute or until whites begin to firm. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) water to pan; cover with tight fitting lid. Continue to cook for 20 to 30 seconds; remove lid and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until egg whites are cooked with a soft runny yolk or until desired doneness. Remove from heat. Divide sweet potato kale mixture between two plates; carefully place an egg on top of each. Serve immediately.
- Calories 380 cal
- Total Fat 15 g
- Sodium 490 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53 g
- Dietary Fiber 9 g
- Protein 12 g