- Ready in 50 min.
- Serves 8
- 2-½ tbsp (32 mL) PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) PC Black Label Smoked Paprika Spice
- 1-½ tsp (7 mL) each salt and granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
- 1 can (796 mL) whole plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained and rinsed PC Blue Menu Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) drained and crumbled PC Feta Cheese in Brine
- 8 PC Blue Menu Omega-3 Brown Eggs - Large
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. Stir in red pepper and jalapeño; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, sugar and black pepper; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Push mixture to one side of pan; add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly until brown, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes with juices and chickpeas. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle feta over top. Using back of spoon, make eight deep indentations; crack an egg into each. Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until egg whites are just set. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.
- Calories 160 cal
- Fat 9 g
- Sodium 750 mg
- Carbohydrate 12 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Protein 9 g
- omega-3 polyunsaturated fat 0.4 g
Use kitchen shears to cut up tomatoes in can for mess-free chopped tomatoes.
Serve with warmed PC Traditional Naan Flatbreads to soak up the delicious juices.