Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
- Ready in 60 min.
- Serves 12
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)extra virgin olive oil
- 1onion, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL)diced carrots (about 3 to 4)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)minced garlic
- 2jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL)ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL)salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans (each 796 mL) PC Blue Menu No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) PC Blue Menu Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg (350 g) PC Blue Menu Extra Firm Low Fat Tofu, drained and diced small
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC Blue Menu Red Split Lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL)frozen PC Peaches & Cream Corn, thawed
- Garnishes (optional):
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeños, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes with juices, beans, tofu, lentils and 2 cups (500 mL) water until well combined. Cover and cook on high setting 5-½ hours.
- Stir in corn; cover and cook 30 minutes. Divide among 12 bowls; garnish with green onions, coriander and lime wedges, if desired.
- fat 3 g (0.5 g of which is saturated)
- Very high in fibre
- Low in saturated fat