Tunisian Vegetable Bean Soup
- Ready in 40 min.
- Serves 8
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) Chopped onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) Diced carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) Diced zucchini
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC® Memories of Tunisia Red Pepper Harissa Sauce
- 1 pkg (900 mL) PC® Blue Menu® Chicken Broth
- 1 can (540 mL) PC® Blue Menu® White Kidney Beans
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 cups (1 L) Loosely packed chopped kale
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC® Olive Oil and Sea Salt Labneh Middle-Eastern Style Dip and Spread
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened and light golden. Stir in carrots, zucchini, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until fragrant.
- Pour in the Memories sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, beans, bay leaves and remaining 1 tsp salt; bring to a boil. Stir in kale; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Divide soup among eight bowls; top each with a 1 tbsp dollop of labneh. Serve with warmed pita bread, if desired.
- Calories 240 cal
- Total Fat 11 g
- Sodium 700 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27 g
- Dietary Fiber 7 g
- Protein 10 g