You have the evening planned out: the perfect outfit, your favourite restaurant, the ideal company. The last thing you want is to worry about incontinence - don't let it spoil your night of fun! Here are 5 things you can do to have a worry-free night out:
- Plan your washroom access. Get to know your surroundings so that you don't have to worry about finding the washroom when you feel the urge to go. Try to find out ahead of time, before you head out. If this is not possible, find the location of washrooms when you first arrive.
- Be prepared. Use absorbent products, such as underwear, liners, and pads. They are discreet - no one will know you're wearing them unless you tell them - and they can provide you with a sense of security so that you can enjoy the night. There are many styles and varieties to choose from, so you should be able to find one that fits you and that won't show under your favourite dress! Click here for more information on the variety of products available. Bring extra supplies with you so that you don't run out.
- Watch what you drink. You need to drink 6 to 8 glasses of fluid every day to keep yourself hydrated and your bladder and kidneys healthy. However, certain drinks can worsen bladder control. To avoid triggering a leakage, limit alcohol, caffeine, and carbonated drinks. Opt for water instead.
- Watch what you eat. Certain foods can also irritate the bladder. Try to stay away from spicy food, acidic food, chocolate, citrus fruits, and artificial sweetener. In addition, you'll want to avoid foods high in salt, fat, sugar, and calories. These foods are unhealthy and can prevent you from reaching a healthy body weight. Maintaining a healthy body weight is important in controlling bladder problems and keeping your bladder healthy.
- Stick with your treatment. A night out doesn't mean a night off from treatment! Follow the treatment plan recommended by your health care professional. This may include medications, Kegel exercises, scheduled toilet trips, absorbent products, or bladder training. By continuing your treatment, you can effectively manage incontinence.
Remember that incontinence can be effectively managed. Planning ahead and following a few tips can go a long way towards ensuring that your night out is enjoyable and worry-free!
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/5-Things-You-Can-Do-to-Have-a-Worry-Free-Night-Out