There can be variations in how people respond to medications
Pharmacogenomics looks at how your body responds to medications based on your genetic makeup – all through a simple DNA cheek swab.
Shoppers Drug Mart has partnered with Pillcheck™ to provide patients with this service. Pillcheck will tell you whether you are a fast, medium, or slow metabolizer of medications which may help your healthcare professionals make decisions regarding your drug therapy.
Will it work for me?
Consider trying Pillcheck if:
- You are experiencing ineffective treatment.
- You suffer from adverse side effects.
- You are worried about potential side effects.
- You are taking multiple medications.
- You have recently been prescribed a medication for a chronic condition.
- You are curious to know more about your body and health.
The test covers over a dozen important treatment areas including depression, anxiety, chronic pain, heart and digestive conditions.
What will you be getting with Pillcheck:
A Personalized Report
- Understand whether you are on the right dosage, why you may be experiencing adverse side effects, or if you are even on the right medication at all.
- Share your report with your physician to make changes to your medication plan.
Pharmacist's Opinion Letter
- Receive a summary of your results with actionable items to take to your physician.
- 75% of prescriptions1 reviewed through Pillcheck pharmacogenomics testing were changed.
- A Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacist will help you interpret the results of the test and walk you through what their recommendations are for your future treatment plan.
- Annual report updates are included with your purchase.
- Online portal for easy and secure access to your results.
- Trusted Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacists will help you interpret your results.
Service Cost: $450.00 + applicable taxes (Special pricing for Shoppers Drug Mart Customers) Many insurance plans cover pharmacogenomics testing.
- Check your plan information for coverage of pharmacogenomic testing services or.
- Receive reimbursement through Healthcare Spending Accounts.
- Ask your Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacist if Pillcheck is right for you.
- Purchase and register your sample collection kit at a participating Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy.
- Complete a cheek swab and mail your sample in the pre-paid envelope.
- Receive your personalized, secure report and Pharmacist's Opinion Letter.
- A Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacist will help you book a Pharmacist consultation to review your results.
- Share a copy of your Pillcheck report with your physician.
1Innovative Canadian Pharmacogenomic Screening Initiative. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association 2017;57:624-629
Pillcheck™ is a registered trademark ©2020 GeneYouIn Inc.